Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) spill (liquid that is spilled) "clean up the spills"
- S: (n) spillway, spill, wasteweir (a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction)
- S: (n) spill, spillage, release (the act of allowing a fluid to escape)
- S: (n) spill, tumble, fall (a sudden drop from an upright position) "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
- S: (v) spill, slop, splatter (cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container) "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
- S: (v) spill, run out (flow, run or fall out and become lost) "The milk spilled across the floor"; "The wine spilled onto the table"
- S: (v) spill, shed, disgorge (cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over) "spill the beans all over the table"
- S: (v) spill, shed, pour forth (pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities) "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
- S: (v) spill, talk (reveal information) "If you don't oblige me, I'll talk!"; "The former employee spilled all the details"
- S: (v) spill (reduce the pressure of wind on (a sail))