Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) address, speech (the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience) "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- S: (n) speech, speech communication, spoken communication, spoken language, language, voice communication, oral communication ((language) communication by word of mouth) "his speech was garbled"; "he uttered harsh language"; "he recorded the spoken language of the streets"
- S: (n) speech (something spoken) "he could hear them uttering merry speeches"
- S: (n) speech (the exchange of spoken words) "they were perfectly comfortable together without speech"
- S: (n) manner of speaking, speech, delivery (your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally) "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
- S: (n) lecture, speech, talking to (a lengthy rebuke) "a good lecture was my father's idea of discipline"; "the teacher gave him a talking to"
- S: (n) actor's line, speech, words (words making up the dialogue of a play) "the actor forgot his speech"
- S: (n) language, speech (the mental faculty or power of vocal communication) "language sets homo sapiens apart from all other animals"