Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) solution (a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution) "he used a solution of peroxide and water"
- S: (n) solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent (a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem) "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- S: (n) solution (a method for solving a problem) "the easy solution is to look it up in the handbook"
- S: (n) solution, root (the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation)
- S: (n) solution (the successful action of solving a problem) "the solution took three hours"