Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) turf, sod, sward, greensward (surface layer of ground containing a mat of grass and grass roots)
- S: (n) superoxide dismutase, SOD (an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of superoxide into hydrogen peroxide and oxygen) "oxygen free radicals are normally removed in our bodies by the superoxide dismutase enzymes"
- S: (n) sodomite, sodomist, sod, bugger (someone who engages in anal copulation (especially a male who engages in anal copulation with another male))
- S: (n) guy, cat, hombre, bozo, sod (an informal term for a youth or man) "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"; "the poor sod couldn't even buy a drink"
- S: (v) sod (cover with sod)