Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) sober (cause to become sober) "A sobering thought"
- S: (v) sober up, sober (become more realistic) "After thinking about the potential consequences of his plan, he sobered up"
- S: (v) sober up, sober (become sober after excessive alcohol consumption) "Keep him in bed until he sobers up"
- S: (adj) sober (not affected by a chemical substance (especially alcohol))
- S: (adj) grave, sedate, sober, solemn (dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises) "a grave God-fearing man"; "a quiet sedate nature"; "as sober as a judge"; "a solemn promise"; "the judge was solemn as he pronounced sentence"
- S: (adj) drab, sober, somber, sombre (lacking brightness or color; dull) "drab faded curtains"; "sober Puritan grey"; "children in somber brown clothes"
- S: (adj) unplayful, serious, sober (completely lacking in playfulness)