Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) snake, serpent, ophidian (limbless scaly elongate reptile; some are venomous)
- S: (n) snake, snake in the grass (a deceitful or treacherous person)
- S: (n) Snake, Snake River (a tributary of the Columbia River that rises in Wyoming and flows westward; discovered in 1805 by the Lewis and Clark Expedition)
- S: (n) Hydra, Snake (a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer)
- S: (n) snake (something long, thin, and flexible that resembles a snake)
- S: (n) plumber's snake, snake, auger (a long flexible steel coil for dislodging stoppages in curved pipes)
- S: (v) snake (move smoothly and sinuously, like a snake)
- S: (v) snake (form a snake-like pattern) "The river snakes through the valley"
- S: (v) snake (move along a winding path) "The army snaked through the jungle"