Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) smelt (small cold-water silvery fish; migrate between salt and fresh water)
- S: (n) smelt (small trout-like silvery marine or freshwater food fishes of cold northern waters)
- S: (v) smell (inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense)
- S: (v) smell (emit an odor) "The soup smells good"
- S: (v) smell (smell bad) "He rarely washes, and he smells"
- S: (v) smack, reek, smell (have an element suggestive (of something)) "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
- S: (v) smell, smell out, sense (become aware of not through the senses but instinctively) "I sense his hostility"; "I smell trouble"; "smell out corruption"
- S: (v) smelt (extract (metals) by heating)