Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slaughter (the killing of animals (as for food))
- S: (n) thrashing, walloping, debacle, drubbing, slaughter, trouncing, whipping (a sound defeat)
- S: (n) slaughter, massacre, mass murder, carnage, butchery (the savage and excessive killing of many people)
- S: (v) butcher, slaughter (kill (animals) usually for food consumption) "They slaughtered their only goat to survive the winter"
- S: (v) massacre, slaughter, mow down (kill a large number of people indiscriminately) "The Hutus massacred the Tutsis in Rwanda"