Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slate ((formerly) a writing tablet made of slate)
- S: (n) slate, slating (thin layers of rock used for roofing)
- S: (n) slate (a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers)
- S: (n) slate, ticket (a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices)
- S: (v) slate (designate or schedule) "He slated his talk for 9 AM"; "She was slated to be his successor"
- S: (v) slate (enter on a list or slate for an election) "He was slated for borough president"
- S: (v) slate (cover with slate) "slate the roof"