Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sketch, study (preliminary drawing for later elaboration) "he made several studies before starting to paint"
- S: (n) sketch, vignette (a brief literary description)
- S: (n) sketch, survey, resume (short descriptive summary (of events))
- S: (n) cartoon, sketch (a humorous or satirical drawing published in a newspaper or magazine)
- S: (v) sketch, chalk out (make a sketch of) "sketch the building"
- S: (v) sketch, outline, adumbrate (describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of) "sketch the outline of the book"; "outline his ideas"