Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) situation, state of affairs (the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time) "the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
- S: (n) situation, position (a condition or position in which you find yourself) "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
- S: (n) situation (a complex or critical or unusual difficulty) "the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
- S: (n) site, situation (physical position in relation to the surroundings) "the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
- S: (n) position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation (a job in an organization) "he occupied a post in the treasury"