Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sieve, screen (a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles)
- S: (v) screen, screen out, sieve, sort (examine in order to test suitability) "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- S: (v) sieve, sift (check and sort carefully) "sift the information"
- S: (v) sift, sieve, strain (separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements) "sift the flour"
- S: (v) sieve, sift (distinguish and separate out) "sift through the job candidates"