Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) close, shut (move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut) "Close the door"; "shut the window"
- S: (v) close, shut (become closed) "The windows closed with a loud bang"
- S: (v) exclude, keep out, shut out, shut (prevent from entering; shut out) "The trees were shutting out all sunlight"; "This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country"
- S: (adj) shut, unopen, closed (not open) "the door slammed shut"
- S: (adj) closed, shut (used especially of mouth or eyes) "he sat quietly with closed eyes"; "his eyes were shut against the sunlight"