Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) shear (cut with shears) "shear hedges"
- S: (v) fleece, shear (shear the wool from) "shear sheep"
- S: (v) shear (cut or cut through with shears) "shear the wool off the lamb"
- S: (v) shear (become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain)
- S: (adj) sheared, shorn (having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers) "picked up the baby's shorn curls from the floor"; "naked as a sheared sheep"