Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shed (an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage)
- S: (v) shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop (get rid of) "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
- S: (v) spill, shed, pour forth (pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities) "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
- S: (v) spill, shed, disgorge (cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over) "spill the beans all over the table"
- S: (v) shed, molt, exuviate, moult, slough (cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers) "our dog sheds every Spring"
- S: (adj) caducous, shed (shed at an early stage of development) "most amphibians have caducous gills"; "the caducous calyx of a poppy"