Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shear ((physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves) "the shear changed the quadrilateral into a parallelogram"
- S: (n) shear (a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it)
- S: (v) shear (cut with shears) "shear hedges"
- S: (v) fleece, shear (shear the wool from) "shear sheep"
- S: (v) shear (cut or cut through with shears) "shear the wool off the lamb"
- S: (v) shear (become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain)