Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sequence (serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern) "the sequence of names was alphabetical"; "he invented a technique to determine the sequence of base pairs in DNA"
- S: (n) sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession (a following of one thing after another in time) "the doctor saw a sequence of patients"
- S: (n) sequence, episode (film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie)
- S: (n) succession, sequence (the action of following in order) "he played the trumps in sequence"
- S: (n) sequence (several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys)
- S: (v) sequence (arrange in a sequence)
- S: (v) sequence (determine the order of constituents in) "They sequenced the human genome"