Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) screen, silver screen, projection screen (a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing)
- S: (n) blind, screen (a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight) "they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
- S: (n) screen, CRT screen (the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube)
- S: (n) screen, cover, covert, concealment (a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something) "a screen of trees afforded privacy"; "under cover of darkness"; "the brush provided a covert for game"; "the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background"
- S: (n) screen (a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame) "they put screens in the windows for protection against insects"; "a metal screen protected the observers"
- S: (n) filmdom, screenland, screen (the personnel of the film industry) "a star of stage and screen"
- S: (n) sieve, screen (a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles)
- S: (n) screen (partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space)
- S: (v) screen, test (test or examine for the presence of disease or infection) "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- S: (v) screen (examine methodically) "screen the suitcases"
- S: (v) screen, screen out, sieve, sort (examine in order to test suitability) "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- S: (v) screen (project onto a screen for viewing) "screen a film"
- S: (v) screen, block out (prevent from entering) "block out the strong sunlight"
- S: (v) riddle, screen (separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff)
- S: (v) shield, screen (protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm)