Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) scream, screaming, shriek, shrieking, screech, screeching (sharp piercing cry) "her screaming attracted the neighbors"
- S: (n) screech, screeching, shriek, shrieking, scream, screaming (a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry) "he ducked at the screechings of shells"; "he heard the scream of the brakes"
- S: (n) belly laugh, sidesplitter, howler, thigh-slapper, scream, wow, riot (a joke that seems extremely funny)
- S: (v) shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall (utter a sudden loud cry) "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- S: (v) yell, scream (utter or declare in a very loud voice) "You don't have to yell--I can hear you just fine"
- S: (v) scream (make a loud, piercing sound) "Fighter planes are screaming through the skies"