Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sale (a particular instance of selling) "he has just made his first sale"; "they had to complete the sale before the banks closed"
- S: (n) sale (the general activity of selling) "they tried to boost sales"; "laws limit the sale of handguns"
- S: (n) sale, cut-rate sale, sales event (an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices) "they held a sale to reduce their inventory"; "I got some great bargains at their annual sale"
- S: (n) sale (the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling) "you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"; "the new line of cars will soon be on sale"
- S: (n) sale, sales agreement (an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)) "the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office"