Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) smuggler, runner, contrabandist, moon curser, moon-curser (someone who imports or exports without paying duties)
- S: (n) runner (someone who travels on foot by running)
- S: (n) runner (a person who is employed to deliver messages or documents) "he sent a runner over with the contract"
- S: (n) base runner, runner (a baseball player on the team at bat who is on base (or attempting to reach a base))
- S: (n) stolon, runner, offset (a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips)
- S: (n) runner (a trained athlete who competes in foot races)
- S: (n) ball carrier, runner ((football) the player who is carrying (and trying to advance) the ball on an offensive play)
- S: (n) runner (a long narrow carpet)
- S: (n) runner (device consisting of the parts on which something can slide along)
- S: (n) runner, blue runner, Caranx crysos (fish of western Atlantic: Cape Cod to Brazil)