Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) destroy, ruin (destroy completely; damage irreparably) "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- S: (v) ruin (destroy or cause to fail) "This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election"
- S: (v) bankrupt, ruin, break, smash (reduce to bankruptcy) "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
- S: (v) ruin (reduce to ruins) "The country lay ruined after the war"
- S: (v) deflower, ruin (deprive of virginity) "This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village"
- S: (v) ruin (fall into ruin)