Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) drive, ride (a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile)) "he took the family for a drive in his new car"
- S: (n) ride (a mechanical device that you ride for amusement or excitement)
- S: (v) ride, sit (sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions) "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
- S: (v) ride (be carried or travel on or in a vehicle) "I ride to work in a bus"; "He rides the subway downtown every day"
- S: (v) ride (continue undisturbed and without interference) "Let it ride"
- S: (v) ride (move like a floating object) "The moon rode high in the night sky"
- S: (v) tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride (harass with persistent criticism or carping) "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- S: (v) ride (be sustained or supported or borne) "His glasses rode high on his nose"; "The child rode on his mother's hips"; "She rode a wave of popularity"; "The brothers rode to an easy victory on their father's political name"
- S: (v) drive, ride (have certain properties when driven) "This car rides smoothly"; "My new truck drives well"
- S: (v) depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon (be contingent on) "The outcomes rides on the results of the election"; "Your grade will depends on your homework"
- S: (v) ride (lie moored or anchored) "Ship rides at anchor"
- S: (v) ride (sit on and control a vehicle) "He rides his bicycle to work every day"; "She loves to ride her new motorcycle through town"
- S: (v) ride (climb up on the body) "Shorts that ride up"; "This skirt keeps riding up my legs"
- S: (v) ride (ride over, along, or through) "Ride the freeways of California"
- S: (v) ride (keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot) "Don't ride the clutch!"
- S: (v) ride, mount (copulate with) "The bull was riding the cow"