Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) resound, echo, ring, reverberate (ring or echo with sound) "the hall resounded with laughter"
- S: (v) reverberate (have a long or continuing effect) "The discussions with my teacher reverberated throughout my adult life"
- S: (v) reverberate (be reflected as heat, sound, or light or shock waves) "the waves reverberate as far away as the end of the building"
- S: (v) reflect, reverberate (to throw or bend back (from a surface)) "Sound is reflected well in this auditorium"
- S: (v) bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet (spring back; spring away from an impact) "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- S: (v) reverberate (treat, process, heat, melt, or refine in a reverberatory furnace) "reverberate ore"