Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot (a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon) "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
- S: (n) solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent (a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem) "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- S: (n) result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination (something that results) "he listened for the results on the radio"
- S: (n) resultant role, result (the semantic role of the noun phrase whose referent exists only by virtue of the activity denoted by the verb in the clause)
- S: (v) result, ensue (issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end) "result in tragedy"
- S: (v) leave, result, lead (produce as a result or residue) "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
- S: (v) result (come about or follow as a consequence) "nothing will result from this meeting"