Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) restraint (the act of controlling by restraining someone or something) "the unlawful restraint of trade"
- S: (n) restraint, control (discipline in personal and social activities) "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself"
- S: (n) constraint, restraint (the state of being physically constrained) "dogs should be kept under restraint"
- S: (n) restraint (a rule or condition that limits freedom) "legal restraints"; "restraints imposed on imports"
- S: (n) chasteness, restraint, simplicity, simpleness (lack of ornamentation) "the room was simply decorated with great restraint"
- S: (n) restraint, constraint (a device that retards something's motion) "the car did not have proper restraints fitted"