Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate (bring to an end; settle conclusively) "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
- S: (v) conclude, resolve (reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation)
- S: (v) purpose, resolve (reach a decision) "he resolved never to drink again"
- S: (v) answer, resolve (understand the meaning of) "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
- S: (v) resolve (make clearly visible) "can this image be resolved?"
- S: (v) resolve, solve (find the solution) "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
- S: (v) dissolve, resolve, break up (cause to go into a solution) "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"