Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) repel, drive, repulse, force back, push back, beat back (cause to move back by force or influence) "repel the enemy"; "push back the urge to smoke"; "beat back the invaders"
- S: (v) repel, repulse (be repellent to; cause aversion in)
- S: (v) repel, repulse, fight off, rebuff, drive back (force or drive back) "repel the attacker"; "fight off the onslaught"; "rebuff the attack"
- S: (v) rebuff, snub, repel (reject outright and bluntly) "She snubbed his proposal"
- S: (v) disgust, gross out, revolt, repel (fill with distaste) "This spoilt food disgusts me"