Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) reed (tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites)
- S: (n) Reed, John Reed (United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917; founded the Communist Labor Party in America in 1919; is buried in the Kremlin in Moscow (1887-1920))
- S: (n) Reed, Walter Reed (United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902))
- S: (n) reed, vibrating reed (a vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it) "the clarinetist fitted a new reed onto his mouthpiece"
- S: (n) beating-reed instrument, reed instrument, reed (a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed)