Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) rare (not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness) "a rare word"; "rare books"
- S: (adj) rare (recurring only at long intervals) "a rare appearance"; "total eclipses are rare events"
- S: (adj) rare (not widely distributed) "rare herbs"; "rare patches of green in the desert"
- S: (adj) rare, rarefied, rarified (having low density) "rare gasses"; "lightheaded from the rarefied mountain air"
- S: (adj) rare, uncommon (marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind) "what is so rare as a day in June"-J.R.Lowell; "a rare skill"; "an uncommon sense of humor"; "she was kind to an uncommon degree"
- S: (adj) rare ((of meat) cooked a short time; still red inside) "rare roast beef"