Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) blame, rap (a reproach for some lapse or misdeed) "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
- S: (n) rap, strike, tap (a gentle blow)
- S: (n) pat, rap, tap (the sound made by a gentle blow)
- S: (n) rap (voluble conversation)
- S: (n) rap, rap music, hip-hop (genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged)
- S: (n) knock, belt, rap, whack, whang (the act of hitting vigorously) "he gave the table a whack"
- S: (v) rap, knap (strike sharply) "rap him on the knuckles"
- S: (v) tap, rap, knock, pink (make light, repeated taps on a surface) "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- S: (v) rap (perform rap music)
- S: (v) rap (talk volubly)