Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) foray, raid, maraud (a sudden short attack)
- S: (n) raid (an attempt by speculators to defraud investors)
- S: (v) raid, bust (search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on) "The police raided the crack house"
- S: (v) foray into, raid (enter someone else's territory and take spoils) "The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly"
- S: (v) raid (take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock) "T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- S: (v) raid (search for something needed or desired) "Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"