Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) race (any competition) "the race for the presidency"
- S: (n) race (a contest of speed) "the race is to the swift"
- S: (n) race (people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock) "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- S: (n) subspecies, race ((biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species)
- S: (n) slipstream, airstream, race, backwash, wash (the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller)
- S: (n) raceway, race (a canal for a current of water)
- S: (v) rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it (move hurridly) "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- S: (v) race, run (compete in a race) "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see who gets there first"
- S: (v) race (to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others) "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- S: (v) race, rush (cause to move fast or to rush or race) "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"