Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) discontinue, stop, cease, give up, quit, lay off (put an end to a state or an activity) "Quit teasing your little brother"
- S: (v) leave office, quit, step down, resign (give up or retire from a position) "The Secretary of the Navy will leave office next month"; "The chairman resigned over the financial scandal"
- S: (v) depart, take leave, quit (go away or leave)
- S: (v) foreswear, renounce, quit, relinquish (turn away from; give up) "I am foreswearing women forever"
- S: (v) drop out, give up, fall by the wayside, drop by the wayside, throw in, throw in the towel, quit, chuck up the sponge (give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat) "In the second round, the challenger gave up"