Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pursuit, pursuance, quest (a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria) "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
- S: (n) quest, seeking (the act of searching for something) "a quest for diamonds"
- S: (v) quest (make a search (for)) "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"; "The animal came questing through the forest"
- S: (v) quest (search the trail of (game)) "The dog went off and quested"
- S: (v) bay, quest (bark with prolonged noises, of dogs)
- S: (v) quest (seek alms, as for religious purposes)
- S: (v) request, ask for, bespeak, call for, quest (express the need or desire for) "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"; "when you call, always ask for Mary"