Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pump (a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction)
- S: (n) heart, pump, ticker (the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body) "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
- S: (n) pump (a low-cut shoe without fastenings)
- S: (v) pump (operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal) "pump the gas pedal"
- S: (v) pump (deliver forth) "pump bullets into the dummy"
- S: (v) pump (draw or pour with a pump)
- S: (v) pump (supply in great quantities) "Pump money into a project"
- S: (v) pump (flow intermittently)
- S: (v) pump (move up and down) "The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
- S: (v) pump (raise (gases or fluids) with a pump)
- S: (v) pump (question persistently) "She pumped the witnesses for information"