Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pulsation, pulsing, pulse, impulse ((electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)) "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
- S: (n) pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat (the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart) "he could feel the beat of her heart"
- S: (n) pulse, pulse rate, heart rate (the rate at which the heart beats; usually measured to obtain a quick evaluation of a person's health)
- S: (n) pulse (edible seeds of various pod-bearing plants (peas or beans or lentils etc.))
- S: (v) pulsate, throb, pulse (expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically) "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- S: (v) pulse, pulsate (produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses) "pulse waves"; "a transmitter pulsed by an electronic tube"
- S: (v) pulse (drive by or as if by pulsation) "A soft breeze pulsed the air"