Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) protest, protestation (a formal and solemn declaration of objection) "they finished the game under protest to the league president"; "the senator rose to register his protest"; "the many protestations did not stay the execution"
- S: (n) protest, objection, dissent (the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent)
- S: (n) protest (the act of making a strong public expression of disagreement and disapproval) "he shouted his protests at the umpire"; "a shower of protest was heard from the rear of the hall"
- S: (v) protest (utter words of protest)
- S: (v) protest, resist, dissent (express opposition through action or words) "dissent to the laws of the country"
- S: (v) protest (affirm or avow formally or solemnly) "The suspect protested his innocence"