Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) proportion (the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole)
- S: (n) proportion, dimension (magnitude or extent) "a building of vast proportions"
- S: (n) symmetry, proportion (balance among the parts of something)
- S: (n) proportion, ratio (the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree) "an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"; "a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
- S: (n) proportion, proportionality, balance (harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)) "in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
- S: (v) proportion (give pleasant proportions to) "harmonize a building with those surrounding it"
- S: (v) proportion (adjust in size relative to other things)