Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) promote, advance, boost, further, encourage (contribute to the progress or growth of) "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
- S: (v) promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate (give a promotion to or assign to a higher position) "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
- S: (v) advertise, advertize, promote, push (make publicity for; try to sell (a product)) "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops"
- S: (v) promote (be changed for a superior chess or checker piece)
- S: (v) promote (change a pawn for a better piece by advancing it to the eighth row, or change a checker piece for a more valuable piece by moving it to the row closest to your opponent)