Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) private, buck private, common soldier (an enlisted man of the lowest rank in the Army or Marines) "our prisoner was just a private and knew nothing of value"
- S: (adj) private (confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy) "a private place"; "private discussions"; "private lessons"; "a private club"; "a private secretary"; "private property"; "the former President is now a private citizen"; "public figures struggle to maintain a private life"
- S: (adj) private, intimate (concerning things deeply private and personal) "intimate correspondence"; "private family matters"
- S: (adj) individual, private (concerning one person exclusively) "we all have individual cars"; "each room has a private bath"
- S: (adj) secret, private (not expressed) "secret (or private) thoughts"