Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) precedent, case in point (an example that is used to justify similar occurrences at a later time)
- S: (n) case law, precedent, common law ((civil law) a law established by following earlier judicial decisions)
- S: (n) common law, case law, precedent (a system of jurisprudence based on judicial precedents rather than statutory laws) "common law originated in the unwritten laws of England and was later applied in the United States"
- S: (n) precedent (a subject mentioned earlier (preceding in time))
- S: (adj) precedent (preceding in time, order, or significance)