Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) plot, secret plan, game (a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)) "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
- S: (n) plot, plot of land, plot of ground, patch (a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation) "a bean plot"; "a cabbage patch"; "a briar patch"
- S: (n) plot (the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.) "the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
- S: (n) plot (a chart or graph showing the movements or progress of an object)
- S: (v) plot (plan secretly, usually something illegal) "They plotted the overthrow of the government"
- S: (v) diagram, plot (make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed)
- S: (v) plat, plot (make a plat of) "Plat the town"
- S: (v) plot (devise the sequence of events in (a literary work or a play, movie, or ballet)) "the writer is plotting a new novel"