Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Ping, Ping River (a river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya)
- S: (n) ping (a sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal))
- S: (v) ping (hit with a pinging noise) "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
- S: (v) pink, ping, knock (sound like a car engine that is firing too early) "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline"; "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"
- S: (v) ping (make a short high-pitched sound) "the bullet pinged when they struck the car"
- S: (v) ping (contact, usually in order to remind of something) "I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing"
- S: (v) ping (send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active) "ping your machine in the office"