Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) patent (obtain a patent for) "Should I patent this invention?"
- S: (v) patent (grant rights to; grant a patent for)
- S: (v) patent (make open to sight or notice) "His behavior has patented an embarrassing fact about him"
- S: (adj) patent ((of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage) "patent ductus arteriosus"
- S: (adj) apparent, evident, manifest, palpable, patent, plain, unmistakable (clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment) "the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view"; "a palpable lie"