Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) chuck, pat (pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin)
- S: (v) dab, pat (hit lightly) "pat him on the shoulder"
- S: (adj) glib, pat, slick (having only superficial plausibility) "glib promises"; "a slick commercial"
- S: (adj) pat (exactly suited to the occasion) "a pat reply"
- S: (adv) pat (completely or perfectly) "he has the lesson pat"; "had the system down pat"