Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pan, cooking pan (cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel)
- S: (n) Pan, goat god ((Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks; represented as a man with goat's legs and horns and ears; identified with Roman Sylvanus or Faunus)
- S: (n) pan (shallow container made of metal)
- S: (n) Pan, genus Pan (chimpanzees; more closely related to Australopithecus than to other pongids)
- S: (v) pan (make a sweeping movement) "The camera panned across the room"
- S: (v) pan, pan out, pan off (wash dirt in a pan to separate out the precious minerals)
- S: (v) pan, tear apart, trash (express a totally negative opinion of) "The critics panned the performance"