Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) beginning, origin, root, rootage, source (the place where something begins, where it springs into being) "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
- S: (n) origin, descent, extraction (properties attributable to your ancestry) "he comes from good origins"
- S: (n) origin, origination, inception (an event that is a beginning; a first part or stage of subsequent events)
- S: (n) origin (the point of intersection of coordinate axes; where the values of the coordinates are all zero)
- S: (n) origin (the source of something's existence or from which it derives or is derived) "the rumor had its origin in idle gossip"; "vegetable origins"; "mineral origin"; "origin in sensation"
- S: (n) lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock (the descendants of one individual) "his entire lineage has been warriors"