Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) operation (the state of being in effect or being operative) "that rule is no longer in operation"
- S: (n) operation (a business especially one run on a large scale) "a large-scale farming operation"; "a multinational operation"; "they paid taxes on every stage of the operation"; "they had to consolidate their operations"
- S: (n) operation (a planned activity involving many people performing various actions) "they organized a rescue operation"; "the biggest police operation in French history"; "running a restaurant is quite an operation"; "consolidate the companies various operations"
- S: (n) operation ((computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction)) "it can perform millions of operations per second"
- S: (n) operation, military operation (activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign)) "it was a joint operation of the navy and air force"
- S: (n) operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process (a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body) "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
- S: (n) operation, procedure (a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work) "the operations in building a house"; "certain machine tool operations"
- S: (n) operation, functioning, performance (process or manner of functioning or operating) "the power of its engine determines its operation"; "the plane's operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jet's performance conformed to high standards"
- S: (n) process, cognitive process, mental process, operation, cognitive operation ((psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents) "the process of thinking"; "the cognitive operation of remembering"
- S: (n) mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation ((mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods) "the problems at the end of the chapter demonstrated the mathematical processes involved in the derivation"; "they were learning the basic operations of arithmetic"
- S: (n) operation (the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.)) "her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride"