Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) office, business office (place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed) "he rented an office in the new building"
- S: (n) agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority (an administrative unit of government) "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- S: (n) function, office, part, role (the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group) "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
- S: (n) office, power ((of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power) "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
- S: (n) office, office staff (professional or clerical workers in an office) "the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
- S: (n) office (a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities) "the offices of the mass"
- S: (n) position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation (a job in an organization) "he occupied a post in the treasury"